Information contained on the website is intended to serve as general information on the chosen subjects and not as an exhaustive treatment of those subjects.
Calculations which may be displayed on the website are intended for the convenience of clients, may be approximations, and are intended only as guidelines. Should you wish to rely on any calculation you are advised to check the calculations before using them as Sanlam will not be liable for any inaccuracy in the calculation.
Subscribing to any service or buying any product through the website is subject to Sanlam’s contractual terms and conditions, and applicable legislation.
Links to third party websites are provided for convenience only, and may be discontinued at any time. The fact that Sanlam provides a link to a third party website does not necessarily mean that Sanlam endorses, authorises, or sponsors that website, or that Sanlam is affiliated to such website’s owners or sponsors.
If any third party website, which is not under the direct control of Sanlam, can be accessed from a link displayed on the Sanlam website, Sanlam shall not be responsible or liable for any content displayed on the third-party website.
The content or information displayed on a Sanlam website or any third party website which may be accessed through links provided on the Sanlam website is not intended as advice but merely as information. Before making any decision or taking any action based on any information displayed on the Sanlam website or any such third party website it is recommended that you first obtain appropriate professional advice.
Use of the Sanlam website or the purchase of services or products from the country from which you may access the website may be illegal in that country. Your use of the website for any purchase that you may make is entirely at your own risk. It is recommended that you ensure that use of the Sanlam website is not in violation of the laws of any country by which you may be governed.
While Sanlam will take care to provide accurate information on the Sanlam website, the information displayed on the Sanlam website is provided without any express or implied warranty (guarantee that the information is correct) of any kind whatsoever. In particular, Sanlam does not warrant that it is appropriate or suitable for any particular purpose, that it is complete or accurate, or that it or any hardware on which it is stored is virus-free.
Unless otherwise indicated in writing, all information, products, and services displayed on or accessed through the Sanlam website are for your personal and non-commercial use only. You may not –
- Reproduce, modify, or create derivative works from; publish, distribute, transmit, or display; or license or transfer any of the content displayed on the website – unless you have Sanlam’s prior written authorisation;
- Decompile, reverse engineer, or disassemble the website, a linked website, or any software employed in the display or operation of the website;
- Post on or transmit to the website content of an unlawful nature, for example: (a) content that is threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane; or (b) content that could damage Sanlam’s image or impair its ability to do business;
- Use the website in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair any Sanlam server (computer), or network connected to any Sanlam server, or interfere with any other party’s use of the Sanlam website;
- Interfere with any content displayed on the Sanlam website or attempt or gain unauthorised access (without Sanlam’s written consent) to the information displayed on the website to which you may not be authorised, or to any secure area on the website, a Sanlam server or any other part of the Sanlam information system. Any attempt, whether successful or unsuccessful, to interfere with the information displayed on the Sanlam website or to gain access to information or any part of the Sanlam information system to which you are not authorized, is unlawful and is an offence in terms of the provisions of Section 86 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No. 25 of 2002, for which you may be prosecuted and, if found guilty, punished.
- Create a link from another website to the Sanlam website, or any of the web pages which constitute the Sanlam website, without Sanlam’s prior written consent;
- Frame the website or any of its pages without Sanlam’s prior written consent.
When you communicate with Sanlam by electronic communication provided or as may be directed on this website, you consent to receiving responses to your communications by electronic communication addressed to you by Sanlam. You thereby agree that all electronic agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications sent by Sanlam satisfy any legal requirement that such communications should be in writing.
You accept the risks inherent in electronic communication in whatever form.
You consent to Sanlam acting on the information communicated to Sanlam electronically. You are responsible to ensure that Sanlam has received the information communicated electronically.
You acknowledge and consent that Sanlam, in its discretion, may retain and store your electronic communications as may be lawfully required. You agree that the electronic records stored by Sanlam will constitute rebuttable) proof (it may be challenged) of the content of the records.
Any email communication sent to you will be regarded for the purposes of this agreement to have been received by you when it enters an information system outside of the control of Sanlam.
If you subscribe to a service or product provided on the Sanlam website you may be required to choose a user id (an identifying name) and a password. You are entirely responsible for –
- Maintaining the confidentiality of your password (you must not give the password to anyone else);
- All activities that occur in your account (using your user id and, if required, your password), either with or without your knowledge;
- Notifying Sanlam immediately of any unauthorised use (use that you did not consent to) of your user id and/or password or any other breach of security that you know of;
- For losses suffered by Sanlam or a third party due to someone other than you using your user id and/or password.
You may access the Sanlam website using a mobile device (including a mobile telephone).
The Sanlam website is designed and configured for use by Internet browsers which are typically used on computers and not mobile devices. Sanlam is not responsible for the wireless services used by mobile devices, and disclaims any responsibility for the lack of functionality or capability or reliability of any mobile device or software used to access the Sanlam website.
While the use of the Sanlam website is free of charge, you will be responsible for any fees which may be charged by your service provider which may be associated with your browsing of the Sanlam website.
Sanlam is also not responsible for the communication of any person or confidential information between you and the Sanlam website or any electronic communications mechanisms facilitated by the Sanlam website and disclaims any liability for deficiencies in privacy or security of any communications made or received between the mobile device and the Sanlam website.
The functionality and use of your mobile device is outside of the control of Sanlam and Sanlam will not be responsible for interference with the integrity, transmission, delays, limitation of network coverage, outages or interruption in the services supplied supporting the mobile device.
Use of information – Sanlam is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. Sanlam will use your personal information to enhance your experience, the service that Sanlam provides to you and to communicate with you, unless expressly directed by you not to do so.
Personal information – In general, you may visit Sanlam’s website without revealing any personal information. There are times, however, when Sanlam or its partners may request personal information from you.
If requested, you may choose to give us your personal information, for example your name and address or email addresses. This information may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription.
Sanlam will advise you how it will use personal information before it collects the personal information from you. If you inform Sanlam that you do not want it to use your personal information as a basis for further contact with you or for any other purpose, it will not do so.
Information security and quality – Sanlam intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. Sanlam has implemented appropriate technical and organizational information security measures (including, but not limited to, using encryption for transmission of credit card numbers) to help it keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, Sanlam cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to it online and you do so at your own risk.
Sanlam will make commercially reasonable efforts to respond to your requests to correct inaccuracies in your personal information in a timely manner.
To assist Sanlam in correcting inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to Sanlam with details of the correction requested.
Information collection – To monitor and improve the website, Sanlam may use technology to gather information about your use of the website including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, and IP address (the IP address is a string of numbers that tells us which server you are using but does not identify you).
The process of gathering the information as described immediately above uses a technology known as “cookies”. If you do not wish us to collect the information your browser should allow the disablement of cookies.
Sharing of information – Sanlam will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party.
As a result of its relationship with the Sanlam intermediaries/advisors, Sanlam will be sharing with them information about you. Sanlam may also share information within the Sanlam group.
Sanlam will disclose information when lawfully required to do so
- To comply with any relevant legislation,
- or any legal process; and
- By any regulatory authority (like the Financial Services Board) and the Regulators it may appoint for the various financial sectors.
Online advertising – Sanlam engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Sanlam customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
Sanlam may collect anonymous information from visitors to its websites to help it provide better customer service. For example, Sanlam keeps track of the domains from which people visit its website and also measures visitor activity on its website. In doing so Sanlam ensures the information cannot be used to identify you. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data”. Sanlam or its analytic vendors may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to help it provide better customer service. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
Owners or information system administrators of third party websites that have links to the Sanlam website may collect personal information about you when you use these links. Sanlam does not control the collection or use of personal information by third parties and this privacy statement does not apply to third parties.
Sometimes Sanlam may share aggregated information (for example, demographic data) with its stakeholders and business partners, but it will not disclose your personal information to third parties save with your consent or as provided in this privacy statement.
This privacy statement was last updated in December 2008. A notice will be posted on the home page of the Sanlam website whenever the privacy statement is materially changed. Questions regarding this statement may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org for clarification.
Sanlam will not be responsible for any loss incurred or damages suffered (whether direct, indirect, special, or consequential) to you or any third party that may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to the use of, or reliance upon, any content displayed on the Sanlam website by you.
Except as provided in 7, Sanlam will not be responsible for any interruption, delayed or failed transmission, loss of programs or other data, or the storage or delivery of information resulting from whatever cause.
For all purposes, you warrant (confirm) –
- Your identity (that is, you are who you say you are), and that you can prove your identity should Sanlam require you to do so;
- That all information you provide at any time to Sanlam using the Sanlam website, in writing, or to Sanlam Call Centre staff, will in all respects be current, complete, and accurate;
- That you will provide to Sanlam all material and relevant facts required by Sanlam as may be appropriate to any dealings you have with Sanlam. If you do not provide the information, or provide information that is incorrect, Sanlam may, at its choice, cancel the agreement or transaction arising from your dealings with Sanlam.
The website and all its content (including software, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs) are owned by or licensed to Sanlam.
As the intellectual property rights in the content referred to immediately above are protected against infringement by local and international legislation and treaties, it may not be used in any way without Sanlam or the licensor’s prior written consent.
Sanlam reserves the right to –
- or (c) Sanlam believes that you are conducting activities that are illegal, abusive, threaten the integrity of the website, or may place Sanlam in disrepute;
- Refer any breach to the police if such breach constitutes a crime;
- Claim damages for all loss and damage it suffers, and expenses it incurs, as a result of your breach.
Your use of the Sanlam website will for all purposes relating to its use, constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa (Cape of Good Hope Provincial Division).
Any claim arising from –
- The use or inability to use the website;
- An application for, and the rendering of a service or providing of a product;
- is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa – in respect of both the basis of the claim [contract, delict (tort), or any other], and the law relating to procedure and evidence.
All proceedings will be held in English and the unsuccessful party will be liable to pay all costs incurred by the successful party, including costs as between attorney and own client.
Use of this programme including any and all services is completely at the discretion and risk of the user.
Personal information that you submit in using this website will never be used or shared with your employer or any party other than in aggregated from with identifying data removed.
The confidentiality of the electronic communications and the Internet in general cannot however be guaranteed.
It is important to understand that this programme does not and cannot replace normal medical care in any way.
You should never delay seeking medical help because of this programme.
You should never ignore or deviate from medical advice you have been given, because of this programme
Involvement with and in this programme is voluntary.
The programme is funded by Sanlam and there will be no charge to you in any way.
All the content and resources within this programme are owned by Sanlam and or Sanlam Health and are protected by copyright.
Please direct any queries or complaints to email@example.com